Monday, May 12, 2014

You're a What?

So after I got over the blue eyes , southern drawl and his dirty shirt , I decided I was going to get the deets (you know stalk him without actually sounding interested ) on this "boy". Within minutes of hearing him speak I knew I needed to know possibly everything I could about this stranger . He told me pretty much his life story (remember he is from the south ..These people are open books ) he just moved here from the great state of Al....A.....BAMA (ok well he didn't say that exactly. . Maybe I've watched Forrest Gump one to many times ) with his girlfriend . Ugggg the dreaded GF  word . My stomach sank .. but a girlfriend has never stopped me before ( you should be ashamed of yourself, I'm not some home wrecker )just got off work and wandered into my bar. Our conversation was lyrical. There never was a dull lull or awkward silence . He told me about where he grew up, his family , where he went to college bla bla bla . The whole time I'm like a kid on Christmas morning waiting in anticipation of what this blue eyed creature is going to tell me next .. Then it comes out .. His career ... he's an agronomist. A what ? ( of course I immediately pictured a spacesuit and a rocket ship ) I have to admit I acted like I totally knew what he was talking about . I made a mental note to find out what the hell an agronomist was , as soon as, I got off work . We chatted a bit more , then I had to get back to work . I could feel the evil eyes of my  coworkers blaring at me . Yeah whatever .. like I ever witnessed any of you throw yourself over the bar to a gentleman in waiting . As I finally got a  free minute , I realized he was gone . He left his money on the bar and a note on the back of his check. BTW my name is Mark and a business card Ooooo so he's a golf course superintendent (again what the hell is that )  ....Shit, I never asked him his name ....

No comments:

Post a Comment