Monday, May 12, 2014

Hey would you like some chicken wings?

     There....I.....was....,tan,skinny, blue eyed and all of 22. I thought I had the world at my feet. I was focused,responsible and ready to go head on to ANY curve ball that life threw at me. I was in college, making insane money working as a waitress in a "family oriented" ( think hooters with class and more clothing) sports bar. Slinging chicken wings, and pouring copious amounts of draft beer, and having the time of my life doing it. ( I have to say looking back.. I really did love that job) Little did I know that accepting  this "job" would forever alter my precisely laid out life path.
     Always being an avid sports fan , I never got the concept of golf . I never could understand why someone would  willingly carry a metal stick (an open  invitation to the lighting gods..hey I'm here strike me if you dare) and try to hit a small little round ball into a hole the size of an orange. Talk about boring ...
Boy have I eaten those words ...
     So it was a Wednesday evening (don't ask how I remember the exact day, I'm amazed myself) in walks this "boy"(of course he was a man ..but I think boy sounds much cuter.) He was in a dirty golf Shirt and khaki pants ..but , he had the most beautiful blue eyes (well besides mine) I have ever seen . He sat at my bar and I went over to him faster than expected.  I had to speak to him . Once he opened his mouth , out came this unfamiliar accent , southern. My blue eyed stranger with the dirty golf Shirt was a "good ol super cute" southern country boy ...

     

No comments:

Post a Comment