Thursday, July 28, 2016

Dem Babies...

It's no secret I have a love/hate relationship with my husband's career . I've made countless entries poking fun at him ,giving him praises and explaining the sultry details of the other woman  (his course ..don't get to excited) in our marriage . What I haven't ever really touched on ,is the effect of this industry on KOTS..(Kids of turf ) .
Let me rephrase that ..the effect on my KOT.  So here goes . We have a beautiful 12 yr old girl ,who is the epitome of strength, beauty and character.  She was born in Augusta, GA..I'm sure my MOT planned that out. In the beginning of her life ,my MOT was a foreign being to her . He'd leave before the sun came up and arrive home long after it set . There would be a day or 2 that he wouldn't even get to see her . You'd never know that now,they are best friends ! Thank God!!! In her short 12 yrs on this earth we have moved 4 times . Luckily for her, 3 of those  moves she was a baby and could really careless . Her only basic need was liquid in her sippy cup and an endless supply of fruit snacks . This 4th move actually stung alittle.  Why ? Because we were settled for 9 years . She got to have a normal childhood ,make life long friends and have some type of structure . This 4th move is a new beginning for all of us .
I can't help but want to praise these babies.  They are so young ,but yet so wise . Most Kot's know by the age of 3 that Dad works ALOT,hardly ever home before bedtime, but he has really cool stuff at his office .(Golf cart's, tractors, big mowers etc ) Mommy pretty much runs the show and most importantly when the weather is on,you need to be quite !
I wonder if this "lifestyle" actually takes a  toll on their little minds . Does it make them sad dad isn't home alot? Or do they just go on about their lives because they have never known any different ? Do they feel the tightness in the air when Mommy is about to lose her biscuits because she just desperately needs a break ? Or Do they know daddy has a disease on his greens and is being a complete turd ? I'm guessing no to all of the above ! Why ? Because we are raising amazing humans !!!!!! We as Turf Wives are doing everything in our power to pick up the slack without our kids skipping a beat .
I can say this though ..these kids are very strong ,resilient, and smarter than we all think . I also believe being born into this lifestyle, they will be taught to have thick skin, a crazy amazing work ethic ,a sense of wanderlust and adventure. Mostly importantly no matter what ..your family is everything . 
In many ways I feel very fortunate our KOT is being exposed to everything this lifestyle has to offer . Her like every other KOT, they are being taught the sky has no limits ,regardless of your situation and for that ..I am thankful !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment