Monday, May 30, 2016

O new bff where the hell are you ?

You know what I think is pretty awesome ? ..The brotherhood of the grass grower mafia , turf mafia , golf mafia .whatever you call it . It's like a silent acceptance into a secret society,  that you can reach out to anytime and they welcome you with open arms . Have a question about job opening in an unknown region , contact a MOT in the area. Need a chemical/fertilizer  rep in a new area ? Contact a MOT in that area . Even if you've never spoken before ,you're  instantly bff and you get a plethora of information. They make instant relationships ,golf together and possibly go for a beer and coordinate their arefication together on different weeks to accommodate all memberships in surrounding areas . Personally as a WOT, I think it's pretty darn amazeballs. I wish it was that easy for WOT'S transitioning into uncharted territory ,when our MOT'S accept a new position in foreign waters  . Instead we have to try a little harder to find "our tribe " . When our daughter was younger I threw myself into playgroups and the stereotypical "mom's groups" I was actually pretty darn fortunate to meet some incredible humans ,whom I have made life long friendships with  . Fast forward to present day with this move , and having a now 12 yr old (way to old for playgroups ) I have 1 of 2 options .. option number 1 (being boarder line illegal i'm sure) buy and or rent a black market baby,so I can have a hope of making fast friends or option 2 (which smells of desperation ) hang around Target with a Starbucks cup in hand, and scope out the "cool moms" and pray that I don't look like a creepy stalker trying to scout out the pretty ones for a human trafficking ring in my new town . I'm sure many of you are probably thinking ,just go and get a job . Well that would be a great solution "if" key word "if "I had a husband who worked normal hours ,whom could handle the load of a kid with all her activities . Although my MOT is very much involved in our daughter's life ,he just can't be there 24/7 like I can . That is my sacrifice and I'm ok with that . I'm not a "needy "person , but I'm thinking this entry is making me sound like I am ...o lord..!!!! None the less ,I always do seem to find my way outside of my MOT'S shadow . So what, if this time I have no handed to me friendships or easy ways, I'm a WOT, I can make it work even under the most challenging situations. This new  stage in my life  shouldn't be to difficult  to find my "weirdo's", I'll just have to think outside the box and become creative ...HA!!! Or take up a hobby ...day drinking anyone (probably not the best hobby.. but, totally a fun one!!) ???
Disclaimer**** If you see me in target clutching a Starbucks Coffee ,I'm not trying to abduct you ..,I'm just find my tribe ..

No comments:

Post a Comment