Thursday, May 5, 2016

Special grass??

Today I feel like educating the masses about what my MOT really does . The majority of people I've come into contact with  look at me like I have 3 heads when I tell them my hubs is a golf course superintendent.  Them -"O.. they actually have someone who gets paid to keep the grass green ? I thought all you had to do was have that special grass ,mow it ,then water it ". Me-tries really hard not to slap the stupid away. Then comes my next favorite question EVER..Them- "WOW! Does he know Tiger Woods?" Me-  trying harder this time not to slap the stupid away . As if "keeping the grass green" gives one access to a super secert society where you automatically  become bff with Tiger Woods . The fact is ladies and gents ,I could sit here for hours and describe the job description, but since this is a blog of "short " musing ,I'll consolidate. 
▪Educator
▪Mentor
▪Chemist
▪Keeper of peace
▪Disease control artist
▪Meteorologist
▪Environmental advocate
▪Scientist
▪Manager
▪Mind reader
▪Mechanic
▪Irrigation expert
▪Babysitter
▪Fertility guru
▪Grass whisper
▪Traffic controller
▪Maintenance Mafia Godfather 
▪Maker of Magic 
▪Root adjuster 
▪Earth mover
I'm sure I've left some out , but this is just a "taste". So I hope the next time you're out playing or driving by a course , this post comes to mind . Mostly importantly here, NO..!!!!! My MOT doesn't know Tiger Woods.. or I don't "think" he does :)

No comments:

Post a Comment