Tuesday, July 11, 2023

The Worst Irrigation Blow Out Of ALL Time ..

The first couple of days in the hospital were a blur. Doctors in and out constantly. Tests, needle sticks and more tests!!!!! 

I still haven't told anyone what was going on. I mean we had no idea either so why get anyone in a panic?? The Doctors still were clueless as to why? For some strange reason ( PLEASE DONT GO ALL SAVAGE ON ME FOR EVEN THINKING THIS) my first thought was "O..MAUGH GAWD" CHEMICAL EXPOSURE from the YEARS and I say years because we know he's older than dirt 🤣...( imagine little fetus Patterson running in the cotton fields in a cloth diaper with MSU on it, with his dark dirty, ok it's now salt & pepper hair, glistening in the golden hour of Alabamia), but I quickly knocked that thought out of my mind. "If" and I say that with a BIG IF that was the case, grass growers would be dropping like flies!!! 

1 year before, this man moved us again to a foreign land called Atlanta ( if you know you know) He had the bright idea to once again put me through a move and a renovation, but this time it was different.. ( aren't ALL the times different???) This time it was an in-house aka I'm doing it all by myself this time 🙄.. but THIS time it was a miracle grass called Zoysia ( I'll let you guess the variety because that would mean Im promoting it and any promotion that comes from my mouth needs to be followed by little pieces of treasury paper or a check ) and he was going to be that guy to put this special magical grass on the ground .. Maybe this special grass did him in??? ( disclaimer the only kind of "special grass that can do you in, is the devils lettuce NOT A TURF GRASS) 

I'll never forget when it all started.. the uti..(s) the lack of energy, the incontinence ( which I only found out about later, as he was laying in a twin bed, hooked up to ALL the things, with tubes in ALL the places) I should have known something was up when he started refusing coffee, and food in general, the distended stomach... the 2am wake up of him down right hysterical because he was urinating straight blood.. 

I won't go into graffic detail.BUT 3 or 4 doctor visits,and an actual 3am road trip to the ER.( GOOD TIMES). Drink more water and oh here's some antibiotics that should knock this out.. wait do you wear boxers or briefs..

NOT 1 DOCTOR thought wait, this can't be normal for an otherwise BASICALLY HEALTHY MIDDLE AGE MAN .. and the best part, the guilt that I live with every day of my life, STILL.. I grew up in a Dialysis Clinic, (my grandfather started the process when I was 5) I was a Nuerophrology Nurse and I STILL DIDN'T CATCH ON TO ANY OF THIS!!!! As long as I have air in my lungs, I'll never forgive myself. I don't even think he knows this. Those 3 weeks watching my husband basically chained to a very uncomfortable bed, not leaving his side, not caring for anything on the outside, including myself, advocating for his care ( I know I was a nightmare to ALL the staff, but I brought in doughnuts and coffee( the GOOD KIND) every day to make up for my "twat-ness") I NEVER once let on to him, that on the inside I was having a nervous breakdown basically knowing my husband was going to die. How could I do this without him? How could I be the parent our daughter needed me to be? How! How! How! (I'm just letting you in on the crazy 24/7 that runs through my mind..ha! ) 

After much resistance from me, he finally put it out on social media what was going on. Great, I've told no one and now all of the sudden I have to explain to everyone and their second cousins uncle's sister's brother what was going on. Exactly what I wanted to be doing,while my world was exploding. It's really funny when something like this happens.. the people whom you would expect to be by your side for support, are now suddenly ghosts ( just know that I certainly MIGHT forgive, but Ill NEVER forget your actions..turf world, blood or platonic etc) BUT the people, family , friends, and so on.. whom out of left field that just show up in a hospital room, or text you continuously expecting no response regardless of knowing you or him , completely touched my soul, and I/we will forever be eternally greatful for your hearts, your words and actions. 

Then there it was, an ultrasound came back and we officially have a diagnoses... a distended bladder that was so stretched out ( your bladder is basically the size of a grapefruit) his bladder the size of Texas! With any type of of anything that is stretched out beyond the heavens problems now become a thing.

Ok, I'll put in grass growing terms, when you have an irrigation line that's clogged what happens? MASSIVE BLOW OUT! In my grass grower's senerio, his irrigation lake was backing up into his lines (utherers, it's a real thing connected to your kidneys, and no its not a cow utters) In true Patterdashian style, his were not clogged they basically looked like barbed wire, which led his kidneys to be put on salary so they were working 90 plus extra hours of overtime! You guys..THIS IS NOT NORMAL!!!! 

So what is the next step? Well you're just going to have to wait until I find it with in me to write it out.. I told you, this might just be 75k pages long ... 



No comments:

Post a Comment