Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Think before you leap

Find the right job ,not the right now job. This is a saying I say to my grass grower all the time . Now before I go into this entry, I am in no way insinuating my MOT isn't happy at his current property or is looking to relocate us again. I'm also pretty sure he'd fear for his life ,if he uttered those 2 words to me "We're moving" especially after everything we've been through this year. So as of right now his life is safe!
Ok, now that we are all crystal clear, we shall begin! I do always wonder  this though. Most "normal" people intend to stay at their current places of employment forever. Grass growers I feel are always in the pursuit of more. Why can't it just be enough? Even if they're currently happy at their current property. (Again I'm not insinuating anything here,I also get in the beginning of one's career ,you need experience in different zones etc ) Ok back to what i was saying. In my opinion, I'm going to compare it to this. Probably not a great comparison, but I'm a girl, and this is how girls think. Think playing on a farm league in baseball (which your soul is happy doing so) but you're still doing everything you can to receive that phone call that you've been called up to the "Big League " Trust me, I get it . The glory,the accomplishment, the gigantic pay increase. But is that team the right team for you? Is that move going to be a good fit for your family or just for your career?  Is it going to put your name on the map? Or is it going to blow up in your face because you jumped in feet first,didn't  research the offer and didn't have a heart to heart with your head  and or your "people"?
I'm not saying don't take the chance either. I'm just saying weigh the pros and the cons .At whatever level you are on, or striving to be on ,just look at the big picture. The only thing that should matter is ,you are being able to do what you love and be true to yourself,regardless of what playing level you are on . That's the most important part .
I'm sure some of you are reading this thinking, why wouldn't you want to be the best you can be in your chosen field and strive for excellence? I completely agree with this thought. BUT I can't stress this enough, do the research, make sure this is the right long term decision, not the right now this is awesome , o my God  (sorry lord) I'm doing this decision.
In my years of being a Turf Wife, I have seen this happen so many times . Heck I've even lived it a time or two. Sometimes great moves,sometimes horrific moves. Each experience has made me who I am today, and also has made me a stronger wife,with the ability to bring my MOT back down to earth at times. Ladies we've all been there and I'm sure we have shared the same piece of string. Think the Sisterhood of the traveling pants ,but with a traveling string instead.
My plea to anyone reading this is, just always ask yourself "is this the right job or the right now job"
I am also giving you full permission to use my "trishaism" unless someone decides to trademark it and make it their own idea. This is proof I came up with it first.. ha ha ha
Ok..I'm done ..I'm stepping off my soap box. Carry on and have a happy day !

No comments:

Post a Comment