Thursday, February 9, 2017

The Gathering...

Wow! Just wow!. If you follow me on Twitter or my MOT on Facebook, you mostly likely saw,we headed to Orlando for the GIS ( golf industry show). To say we had a blast was an understatement. I'm sitting in the truck headed back to the great state of AllllllaaaaaaaaBAMA as I type this latest entry and my mind is swirling!

This wasn't my first industry show,by any means, but it was my first show where I actually paid attention and was aware of who and what was in my immediate surroundings. Translation, I didn't have a crazied toddler, trying to run buck wild after big shiny golf carts and tractors. This time, I got to actually have fun,meet some AMAZING people and pretty much was spolied rotten. I chatted and rubbed shoulders with grass gowers who were a pretty big deal and industry professionals whom I've only  read about.  I can't even begin to say how awesome that was!!!  

Most of the time if we are lucky enough to go, it's because the show is in a central location and the only justifiable time to actually get the grass gower to take a vacation. Sounds kinda like a win win ..but we all know different.

Something that REALLY ripped at my heart yesterday while eating lunch, I saw this wife(notice I'm saying wife not family) with her 2 young babies.  I'd actually seen her alot throughout the day. She was just miserable and exhausted. I really wanted to just walk up to her and hug her,take her kids and let her have a break. Sadly I didn't because, what mom in their right mind would embrace a stranger ,who just secertly answered her prayers.

I've been there,yes it's so much fun to be able to go with your grass gower to the industry shows, it's a frat boy vacation for them. For us wives, it's even more stressful. Late nights,devil spawn naughty kids and a husband who now is more available at home than he is on this "family vaction"

We are put into a position, that no matter what we do ,we still come out being nagging and ungrateful. We can't complain because they aren't paying attention to us and the kids,because they are here "kinda" working.  We have to keep our kids in line 24/7 ALONE, despite the 15 handfuls of candy each vendor is giving little Jimmy or Suzi just because they are so cute.

It's truly exhausting. In my opinion it's another way the universe is jabbing us! Also probably why most of us stay home because it's just not worth our mental sanity that's already hanging on for dear life!

I will leave you with this . BEFORE you even give any thoughts to joining him at the "Frat Boy Fair" please consider the following
1. Yes he invited you to go,but it's out of love, and possibly brownie points
2. IF you do decide to go, look into childcare when you are there,because if you don't..you pretty much will be doing the same thing just in a smaller space. *think about bringing a mommy only cooler
3. You know your MOT, so there will be 45675 other MOT'S  he's known his entire career and you've never heard of them ..EVER!! They will be talking  about things you can't even pronounce let alone think about ..*a good time to learn how to stand alert nap. (Feel free to ask me about this gem)
4.JUST DO IT..get some poor soul to watch your kid(s),go have an adventure with your grass gower and just make sure you look pretty standing there while your mind spaces out from pure boredom!

Cheers..! Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment